What's On Your About Us Page?
For small / medium size companies, writing about themselves is the hardest part of building their digital footprint. We know from experience that it takes a great deal of effort to help clients write an authentic about us page - without being too dry or too salesy.
KISSMETRICS recently did a great blog post titled: 10 Tips To Craft A Sizzling E-Commerce About Page.
In they say "The About Us page of your online store is extremely important and if you use it right, it will help you increase sales. E-commerce shoppers want to know more about who they’re buying from and the only place they’re really going to get that information is on just one web page – your About Us page." Key points (with lot's of examples) include:
- It’s Your story, So Tell It – Honestly
- Find Your Voice – And Use It Consistently
- Plug Your People
- What Your Fans Are Saying
- Illustrations, Photos, Videos – Oh My!
- Keep in Touch
- Follow the Social Media Icon Buttons
- Don’t Play Hide ’N Seek
- One Size Does Not Fit All
- Update, Update, Update